Saturday, October 16, 2010

Rise and Shine :)

Everyday I wake up and smile. Doesn’t matter how crummy I am feeling, what is on my mind or how much I want to hit the snooze button (it’s sooooo tempting!). Each day is a gift for me and might as well show appreciation for it. Life is far too short to get up and frown. Besides, I think it makes my morning breath worse!

Now, comes the challenging part! Getting out of bed. I think I might be related to the “Tin Man” from the “Wizard of Oz.” Or it sure feels like it. Hopping out of bed is not something I do. I do more like a “thunk, creak, owwwwww…. Pop, snap and crunch” out of bed. Yes, mornings are definitely quite the event at my house.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The consequences of not having breakfast, is well… bad. Coffee is considered to be the breakfast of champions but for this lupie, a breakfast of milk, fruit and pain meds is more effective (or at least the pain meds are…) Now the waiting game begins. Things will go one of two ways: my stomach will say life is good or completely rebel about breakfast. Luckily it’s generally the first option rather than the second.

Getting dressed could very well be the next Olympic sport that has yet to be discovered. Or it seems like it. Some days I really wonder what a clothes designer was thinking when they put five buttons on a pair of pants AND a zipper. It’s hard enough to button a button, let alone five! If only there were more pajama days at school. That would be sweet! Sweats work best for those days when buttoning anything is out of the question.

By the time I have completed these seemingly simple tasks it is usually ten in the morning. Three hours after I originally put a smile on my face. Now, the real action of the day can begin!

1 comment: