Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Update

The holiday season is a wonderful time of year. Even with all of the things lupus has thrown at me this holiday season, I am still enjoying the holidays. I missed decorating the tree the other day. Didn’t have the energy to make holiday cookies. Really didn’t even get out of bed for more than a couple hours yesterday. But I am still having a good holiday season. Lupus can’t take away my enjoyment of life. I won’t let it. Especially when there’s gingerbread involved.

There are different ways of coping with lupus during the holidays. Some involve just taking time off. One of my top ones is not getting stressed. Acknowledging when I have gone past my limits. Modifying normal holiday activities to fit my level of energy. Also not allowing myself to get depressed and sad about what I can no longer do in the season. Doesn’t do me any good.

My survival strategies so far:
1. Lots of sleep
2. Lots of fluids
3. Good communication
4. Knowing someone out there has it far worse than me
5. Keeping a smile on and fighting hard

Tomorrow will be an interesting day. Doctor’s appointment in the afternoon (another one, again, sigh…) to see what the Plaquenil has done to my eyes. Hopefully things will be just fine. I don’t want to have to mess around with any more medications than I already do. Fingers crossed.

I feel pretty exhausted right now. Not very holiday friendly. Hopefully a good nap and a good cup of tea will have me back in action this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment